For years, my wife has held onto the back of a Bisquick box for her favorite pancake recipe. This is completely different from the recipe currently on the back of the Bisquick box. I wonder if the current recipe is healthier??? We have made these pancakes for a great number of friends who have come to visit and for friends that have spent the night. These pancakes have become a staple around our house and when our girls visit their Grandparents on Lisa’s side they are treated to a variation of this breakfast food.
– Butter or Butter Spray
– 2 cups Bisquick Original Baking Mix
– 1 1/3 Cup Milk
– 1 Egg
– 2 Tablespoons of Sugar
– 1 Teaspoon Vanilla (it says if desired – use it, you desire it!)
– Nestle Tollhouse Chocolate Chips (this is not on the Bisquick Recipe)
2) ***IMPORTANT*** Warm the non-stick skillet. If your pan is to hot it will burn the pancake, if it’s too cold your pancake will be runny. The cooking surface will be ready when a few drops of water will “dance and disappear”.
3) Place butter in skillet or spray with butter cooking spray.
4) Apply approximately 1/3 cup – 1/2 cup of batter in the skillet. With our large skillet, I can place three small pancakes. If the pancakes are too large you’ll have a difficult time flipping them and if they are too small it will take you all day to cook them.
5) Allow the batter to cook and wait for small bubbles to appear in the batter (see photo). Once the bubbles appear, add the chocolate chips and flip.
6) Allow the other side to cook until they can easily be moved around the skillet.